5.30.2012

Memorial Day

We had a busy, fun weekend. We spent lots of time with family and visited my Grandpa's grave. We went to the temple, went to a benefit dinner with some cousins (where Hema defended a little girl whose brother was hitting her, and I fell even more in love with him), visited our cousin's new baby, went to church, went to work, rode our bikes, went hiking, went swimming, visited with some more awesome family...it was a fun weekend!

We went up Farmington Canyon and found a beautiful trail with a large stream, waterfalls, and lots of reptiles and butterflies.
Serious business
My sweet new hiking boots I got at the DI for 8 bucks! They gave me some cool blisters and lots of sores around my ankles! Next time I'll wear better socks..
Kearra was brave and climbed out onto this rock ledge. Hema wanted to have our picnic on that rock, and I was too chicken.

Dagnabit, the butterfly flew away right as we were taking this pic. We also thought we saw a deer and took a picture, then later found out it was just a pipe.
We decided to try to be adventurous and take a "short-cut" up this hill. Took us forever because there was a wash out a few days before, and even the very large rocks were very loose. We started to get scared once we got 3/4 of the way up, and realized there was no where to get a grip on anything but weeds. It was much steeper than we thought, and I ended up crawling my way up.. Lesson learned!!
Sweet Hema followed behind us girls to make sure we didn't slip and fall down. Then he got stuck and crawled sideways along the hill until he reached a patch of trees that he could use to climb up the rest of the way. Such a hunk.
Beautiful views!!
Wildflowers are my favorite and I picked plenty!!
Later we went swimming with some of our cousins. We love being able to see our cousins, aunts, and uncles!! Here are a couple of our model shots.. mmmm.
Matt workin' it.
I'm not as good at posing.

The End.

2 comments:

  1. Ah! Good times! You look a little like Sarah to me. :) And dad. Those are all fun things I like to do. I think I need to go for a hike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so much fun to see you guys! Loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete